Terms and conditions
Website Terms And Conditions
This website (“Website”) is run and maintained by Timewise Jobs, a limited company registered in England and Wales (company number: 8796200; VAT registration number: 190590594; registered office: Europoint Centre, 5-11 Lavington Street, London SE1 0NZ),
These Terms and Conditions set out the terms on which you may make use of the Website.
Your use of the Website indicates your express consent to the Terms and Conditions and that you agree to abide by them. If you do not agree to comply with the Terms and Conditions you may not use or access the Website.
IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT ANY OF THE TERMS IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS YOU MUST LEAVE THE WEBSITE IMMEDIATELY
All references to “our”, “us” or “we” within these Terms and Conditions are deemed to refer to Timewise Jobs and its associates.
Variation of Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to periodically update or modify these Terms and Conditions. Your continued use of the Website after any such updates or modifications indicates your agreement to and acceptance of the updated Terms and Conditions. It is your responsibility to periodically review the Terms and Conditions to ensure compliance therewith.
Accessing the Website
Access to our Website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our Website without notice. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our Website through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and Conditions, and that they comply with them.
We try to ensure continuous availability of the Website and all the services available on it but we will not be liable if for any reason our Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
If a fault occurs, please report the fault by telephone, email or in writing to Timewise Jobs. You can contact us using the following details:
By email: email@example.com
By Phone: 0330 355 3555
By Post: Europoint Centre, 5-11 Lavington Street, London SE1 0NZ
Unless otherwise stated, all copyright database rights and other relevant intellectual property rights or similar rights in all material presented on this Website - including graphical images - is either owned by us or is licensed to us for reproduction on the Website. Use of the Website does not give you any proprietary rights in such materials.
Your use of the Website and its services shall be governed and constrained by applicable copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws around the world, in addition to these Terms and Conditions.
You specifically agree that the names and logos of Timewise Jobs and all related product and service names, design marks and slogans, and any other intellectual property rights in and to the Website and the materials published on the Website are owned by Timewise Jobs and may not be used without our prior consent. Use of the Website does not give you any proprietary rights in such materials.
Use of the Website
Timewise Jobs hereby grants to you a limited, worldwide, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicenseable, and revocable license to use the Website and/or the materials available on the Website for the sole purpose of individuals looking for employment opportunities and career information and for employers seeking to recruit staff, subject to the restrictions in these Terms and Conditions.
You may use, print and download information from the Website for these purposes only and for no other personal or commercial purpose. You may not otherwise copy, display, transmit or distribute any material from the Website.
Without the prior written permission of Timewise Jobs no part of this Website may be reproduced or transmitted to or stored in any other website, nor may any of its pages or part of it be disseminated, modified, transmitted, distributed, broadcast or published in any electronic or non-electronic form, nor included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service.
If you use, print off, copy or download any information from our Website in breach of these Terms and Conditions, your right to use our Website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
During the registration process, you may be given or will be asked to choose a user name and password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website. You are solely responsible for keeping this password confidential and you must not disclose it to any third party. If for any reason your password is stolen, please notify us immediately by phone at 0330 355 3555, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at Europoint Centre, 5-11 Lavington Street, London SE1 0NZ. We have the right to disable any user name or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
By your registration on the Website, you represent, warrant, and covenant that: (1) you have the power and authority to agree to these Terms and Conditions; and (2) entering into this agreement is lawful and valid in the jurisdiction in which you live and the jurisdiction in which you access the Website.
Uploading information to the Website
Timewise Jobs will not be responsible, or liable in any way, for any information, postings, messages, data, text, files, images, graphics or other materials uploaded to, posted on, transmitted through, or linked on this Website by you or any other user of the Website.
You must not upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any documents, information or content:
• to which you do not own the rights or have not received all necessary consents;
• that is inaccurate, incomplete or false;
• that is inappropriate, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, tortious, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, offensive, or otherwise deemed by us to be objectionable; or
• that infringes any intellectual property rights of another party, or breaches any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
While Timewise Jobs take reasonable measures to ensure that the content offered on the Website is appropriate, you understand that Timewise Jobs does not control the content made available through the Website and is not responsible for monitoring, reviewing, editing, or removing any content on the Website.
You agree that Timewise Jobs may or may not screen content, but that Timewise Jobs and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to screen, refuse or remove any content that is available via the Website. Without limiting the foregoing, Timewise Jobs and its designees shall have the right to review materials posted to the Website and remove any content that does not comply with these Terms and Conditions or is otherwise objectionable.
You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with the use of any content on the Website, including the quality, applicability, accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any content, and you agree that Timewise Jobs has no responsibility or liability for deletion of content; failure to store or to deliver any messages and other communications; the modification or malformation of data communications over the Website; or any reliance placed on the content by any users of the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
General Rules of Conduct
We ask that each user of the Website respect one another and Timewise Jobs by following these general rules of conduct. You shall not use the Website to:
• impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, Timewise Jobs, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
• manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through to the Website;
• disrupt the normal flow of dialogue or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to enjoy the services of the Website;
• interfere with or disrupt the Website, its services, or servers;
• in any way intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
• stalk or otherwise harass another, and/or;
• collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities set forth herein.
This list only serves to provide examples and is not meant to be an exhaustive list of the types of misuse of the Website that may result in the restriction, suspension or termination of your access to the Website.
Links from our Website
The Website may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other websites or resources of third parties. These links are provided for information only and Timewise Jobs has no control over the contents of such websites or resources. Therefore, you acknowledge and agree that Timewise Jobs has no responsibility for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such websites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Timewise Jobs shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods, or services available on or through any such website or resource.
You agree that use of the Website is at your sole risk. The Website, including but not limited to all software, functions, materials, and information, displayed on our Website are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to their accuracy, and to the extent permitted by law.
Timewise Jobs does not guarantee the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or usefulness of, or otherwise adopt or endorse, any information or services provided by this Website. Neither can we guarantee that any information or services are still current or applicable.
Timewise Jobs makes no warranty that the contents of this Website are free from infection by viruses or anything else which has contaminating or destructive properties.
Timewise Jobs is not responsible for unauthorised access to, or alteration of, users' material or data.
You understand and agree that any material and/or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Website is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to a computer system or loss of data that results from the download of such material and/or data.
Timewise Jobs is not responsible for any material or data sent, using the services of this Website, by any third party.
Timewise Jobs is not responsible for any threatening, defamatory, obscene, offensive or illegal information or use of the Website's services by any other party.
No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you through the Website shall create any warranty not expressly made herein.
Viruses, Hacking and Other Offences
You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
You agree that Timewise Jobs may in its sole discretion and without prior notice terminate your registration, and revoke your right to use or access the Website if it believed for any reason that you have violated or acted inconsistently with these Terms and Conditions.
Cause for such termination shall include, but not be limited to: (a) breaches or violations of these Terms and Conditions or other incorporated agreements or guidelines, (b) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, (c) a request by you (self-initiated account deletions), (d) discontinuance or material modification to the Website (or any part thereof), (e) unexpected technical or security issues or problems, (f) extended periods of inactivity, (g) engagement by you in fraudulent or illegal activities, and/or (h) non-payment of any fees owed by you in connection with the Website.
Termination of your account includes: (a) withdrawal of your right to use the Website (b) removal of access to all offerings within the Website, (c) deletion of your password and all related information, files and content associated with or inside your account (or any part thereof), and (d) barring of further use of the Website.
Timewise Jobs shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your registration, or access to the Website. Upon any termination of these Terms and Conditions, you shall immediately discontinue use of the Website.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall Timewise Jobs nor any of its subsidiaries, agents, representatives or related third parties have any liability for any loss or damages incurred by any user, including, without limitation direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, in connection with the Website or relating to use of the Website or its content or any user contributions, inability to use the Website, any websites linked to this Website, and any materials or other information contained within the Website or on websites linked to this Website, including: loss of profits or contracts; loss or damage to data; loss of business; business interruption; loss of income or revenue; loss of anticipated savings; loss of goodwill; or wasted management or office time, whether based on warranty, contracts, statutes, regulations, tort (including, but not limited to, negligence) or any other legal theory, even if foreseeable, and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages.
If your use of the materials or information from this Website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment or data, you assume all costs thereof.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Timewise Jobs and its affiliates for any claim or demand, including reasonable legal expenses, made by any third party arising out of your user contributions, your use of the information or services provided by this Website, your violation of these Terms and Conditions, or your violation of any rights of another.
You must tell Timewise Jobs immediately if anyone makes or threatens to make any claim or issue legal proceedings against you relating to your use of the Website and you will, at Timewise Jobs' request, immediately stop the act or acts complained of. If Timewise Jobs asks you to, you must confirm the details of the claim(s) in writing.
Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Questions and comments
If you have any questions or comments about the above terms and conditions, please contact David Curtis by post at Timewise Jobs, 5-11 Lavington Street, London SE1 0NZ or by email at email@example.com.
Please report any violations of the Terms and Conditions to David Curtis by post at Timewise Jobs, 5-11 Lavington Street, London SE1 0NZ or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobseekers and recruiters need to be aware that this job board operates as a venue only and does not introduce or supply work-seekers to recruiters (or vice versa). This means that we do not:
• obtain sufficient information for potential recruiters to select a suitable work-seeker for the position which the recruiter seeks to fill;
• obtain confirmation of the identity of a work-seeker or that they have the experience, training, qualifications or authorisation to work in the position to be filled or that they wish to undertake the role to be filled;
• take any steps to ensure the work-seeker and recruiter are each aware of any requirement imposed by law or otherwise which must be satisfied by either of them to permit the work-seeker to fulfil the position to be filled;
• take any steps to ensure that it would not be detrimental to the interests of the work-seeker or the recruiter for the work-seeker to fulfil the position to be fulfilled;
• give any indication to recruiters whether work-seekers are unsuitable (or suitable) for any position to be filled in any circumstances;
• propose work-seekers to recruiters or provide any information about them.
• take up any references in relation to a work-seeker; or
• make any arrangements for accommodation of work-seekers.
The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003 (the "Regulations") seek to ensure that work-seekers are only proposed by employment agencies for roles for which they are properly qualified and that recruiters are only offered work-seekers who have the appropriate levels of experience, training, qualifications and authorisation for the position to be filled. Since we are only a venue and do not propose or introduce work-seekers to recruiters or vice versa, it is recommended that, if you are a work-seeker you undertake the steps set out in the Regulations to ensure your suitability for the role advertised or, if you are a recruiter, to ensure a work-seeker’s suitability for the role.
These could include:
1. If you are a work-seeker; checking the identity of the recruiter and the nature of its business, the commencement date and duration of the position, the position to be filled including type of work, location, hours and risks to health and safety, experience, training, qualifications and authorisation which the recruiter considers necessary or are required by law or otherwise to undertake the position, whether any expenses are payable by you as a work-seeker or whether there are any requirements imposed by law or otherwise for you to satisfy before taking up a position.
2. If you are a recruiter; checking the identity of the work-seeker and that the work-seeker has the experience, training, qualifications and authorisation required by law or otherwise for the position and whether there are any requirements imposed by law or otherwise for you, as the recruiter, to meet to enable a work-seeker to take up a position.
In addition, where professional qualifications are required or where work-seekers are to work with vulnerable persons or children, you should obtain copies of the relevant qualifications or authorisation, obtain at least two references from people who are not relatives of the work-seeker and undertake a criminal records bureau check of the work-seeker.
Any searching or screening tools provided by us for use in your assessment of the suitability or otherwise of any particular candidate or advertised vacancy are to assist you in taking these steps, but are not intended as a substitute.
CVs and job advertisements
CVs and job advertisements contained on this job site are provided by candidates and by prospective employers and their agents and are not reviewed by us. We accept no responsibility or liability for the contents of CVs or advertisements and expect candidates and prospective employers to carry out such verification procedures as are customary and prudent in the circumstances.
Profile and CV information
When you complete your Timewise Jobs Jobseeker Profile, including your CV, it can be made available for searching, viewing over the Internet and downloading by any direct recruiter, employment consultant or other person or organisation who requests CVs matching your profile to be sent to them. Timewise Jobs does not verify the identity or the nature of the business of such organisations.
Job site services
Services and information provided on the site by us and our third party suppliers are intended to assist in the job seeking or recruitment process. Neither we nor our third party suppliers can guarantee their suitability or prospects of success in any particular case. You should obtain independent verification before relying on information provided on the site in circumstances which may result in loss or damage.
In these terms and conditions:
a. 'Customer' means any person, company, organisation or firm which purchases Services from us;
b. 'Order Form' means an order for Services on a form provided by us (in any format) and signed by a Customer;
c. 'Services' means all recruitment products and services made available by us from time to time;
d. 'Contract Term' means the full term specified in the Order Form.
Commencement of Services
We will not commence the provision of Services pursuant to any until the Order Form has been returned to us, in a form approved by us and confirmed by the Customer by way of signature, e-mail confirmation or provision of purchase order number and, in the case of Customers who purchase Services on terms that require pre-payment, Services will not commence until payment is received and cleared.
These terms and conditions are deemed to be accepted by the Customer upon posting of a job advert and/or confirmation of an Order Form.
Job adverts posted by Worldpay will usually go live during normal office hours of 9.00 – 17.00 within 2 hours after payment confirmation.
Prices are as specified in the ratecard for this Website and are guaranteed for the period stated on the order form. Any discounts agreed are confidential and may not be disclosed by the Customer.
A job posted on the Website will remain live for 30 days or until the agreed closing date of the job. Any extension of this time will be charged to the Customer as a new posting. Any jobs posted in addition to the agreed number of jobs per month will be charged at the agreed overspending rate listed on your Order Form.
If any Services to be used within any time period specified on the Order Form are not used within that period of time they may not be carried over into any subsequent period without our prior written consent. The Customer will be responsible for payment for any unused Services.
All prices exclude VAT. Payment is due immediately on date of invoice and late payment will entitle us to suspend provision of Services. Interest will be payable on late payments at the rate of 6% above the Bank of England’s base rate from time to time.
The Customer may terminate in writing the provision of Services under any Order Form:
(i) by no less than 1 month’s notice;
(ii) if we are in material breach of these terms and conditions and have not remedied such breach within ten days of notice specifying the breach and requiring that it be remedied; or
(iii) if we become insolvent, cease to trade or go into liquidation. Termination by the Customer before the end of the Contract Term may, at our discretion, result in loss of discounts agreed for the entire Contract Term.
We may terminate the provision of Services if:
(i) the Customer is in material breach of these terms and conditions and has not remedied such breach within ten days of notice specifying the breach and requiring that it be remedied; or
(ii) the Customer becomes insolvent, ceases to trade or goes into liquidation.
We will not be liable for any costs, expenses or damages incurred by the Customer (the “Costs”) pursuant to the Services. Nothing in this paragraph shall limit or exclude any liability incurred by us due to fraudulent misrepresentation or concealment, nor for any damages for personal injuries caused by the negligence of the Customer, its agents or its employees.
We have rules regarding the content and format of jobs posted on this job site. Their purpose is to ensure that users who search the site or this job site’ database get relevant results which are presented as clearly and informatively as possible. You agree that we may, at our discretion and without liability to you, remove from this Website any advertisement which is posted in breach of these rules. The rules may change from time to time and you are advised to refer to them regularly, and we reserve the right to use our discretion in applying these rules, where appropriate.
The Rules are:
1. Jobs must have basic salaries, or equivalent, of at least £16,000 per annum on a full-time equivalent basis (unpaid volunteer posts, for example Trusteeships for a charity are exemptfrom this rule).
2. No duplicating of jobs at the expense of other Customers’ jobs.
4. No gratuitous use of keywords in job descriptions or job titles. Gratuitous means deliberately inserting words, strings of words, or repeating job titles, with the intention of influencing position in the results listing, or increasing the number of page views.
5. Job advertisements placed on this job site must be for genuine vacancies only, and not for other products or services, either relating to or unrelated to recruitment including, but not limited to, affiliate schemes, pyramid selling schemes or any other so called 'business opportunity'.
5. URLs or email links (live or text only) are not permitted in the body copy of the job description page. Email links are permitted from the 'send an email' link and url linking is permitted from the 'apply online' link.
Advertisements which appear to discriminate on grounds of sex, race or disability are illegal and may result in proceedings being taken against both the advertiser and the publisher. Advertisements are accepted by this job site on the basis that the advertiser confirms that any requirement or qualification which may appear to discriminate illegally is in compliance with any exemption available under the relevant legislation. Notwithstanding this confirmation, if we nonetheless believe that an advertisement may be discriminatory we may at our discretion either amend the advertisement or remove it from job site without liability to you to make any refund of amounts paid or due to be paid in respect of the posting or otherwise and will inform you accordingly.
Responses to advertisements
You agree to deal fairly and professionally with individuals who may respond to an advertisement you have posted and not do anything which may bring this job site into disrepute. You will indemnify us from and against any claim brought by an individual against this job site arising from your breach of this obligation or any other of these terms and conditions.
We do not guarantee any response to your advertisement or that responses will be from individuals suitable for the job advertised. It is your responsibility to carry out such checks and procedures as are necessary to ensure that candidates are suitable for the job advertised and have the required qualifications and personal characteristics.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the appropriate equipment and are connected to the appropriate services to enable you to post jobs to this job site.
Content and links
If your advertisement links to another site via our external apply online option, you are responsible for maintaining the links and for the content of your advertisement and the linked site. We may remove from this job site any advertisement which contains content or links to a site which, in our opinion, is defamatory, illegal or objectionable or will bring this job site into disrepute.
You will indemnify us from and against any claims or liability arising from content or links contained in your advertisements.
Third party sites
Vacancies you post on this job site may also appear on third party recruitment web sites pursuant to agreements from time to time between this job site and the proprietors of such web sites.
Rights in the database
Database rights and all other applicable copyright and intellectual property rights in the candidate database belong to Timewise Jobs, a limited company registered in England and Wales (company registration number: 8796200). You acknowledge that you do not acquire any rights in the database or its content and that your retention and use of the database and its content is governed by these terms and conditions.
Use of the database
The material you are entitled to receive from the candidate database is determined by the product you have purchased from us. On receipt of this material you may:
(i) use, search or download it to your database using the Candidate Search back office interface and its associated functions for the purpose of finding suitable candidates for specific job vacancies that you or (if you are an employment agency or employment business) your client wish to fill;
(ii) use the information about the individuals contained in the database for the purpose of contacting them (either directly or through this job site depending on the product you have purchased) in relation to a specific job vacancy;
(iii) use the information only in connection with your own recruitment-related activities.
You may NOT:
(i) supply, sell or license material from the candidate database, or a copy of it, to any other person, including another member of your group of companies.
(ii) download the database through any automated (e.g. "scraping") process.
(iii) contact the individuals on the database or make or allow any use of the information about those individuals, other than for the purpose of finding suitable candidates for specific job vacancies. You must, at all times, comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and all subsequent legislation and regulations.
You agree to delete all material from the candidate database upon its replacement with up-to-date material or the satisfactory conclusion of your search for a suitable candidate, whichever occurs first.
Dealings with candidates
You agree to deal fairly and professionally with individuals you may contact using information from the candidate database and not do anything which may bring this job site into disrepute. You will indemnify this job site from and against any claim brought by an individual against this job site arising from your breach of this obligation or any other of these terms and conditions.
Passwords are for the sole use of the person to whom they are issued. We may deny access to a password if we reasonably believe that it is being used by an unauthorised person or that the user is breaching these terms and conditions.
We operate an ‘opt-out’ case study policy. From time to time, we publicise our work by listing the names of recruiters who have advertised on our Website. We reserve the right to use your name in PR and marketing,including, but not limited to, printed marketing materials, publications (internal and external), in electronic format, on our website, in video or internet projects, or through the media unless you choose to opt-out – in which case notify us at your earliest convenience by email at email@example.com
1. These terms and conditions apply to all advertising campaigns ('Campaigns') and other material accepted by Timewise Jobs (a limited company registered in England and Wales, company registration number: 8796200) for display on any of our web sites. By placing any such material you accept these terms and conditions as principal, even if you are acting as agent or buyer for the third party advertiser.
2. We must receive the complete creative content for a Campaign in acceptable format at least two working days before 9 am on the go-live date specified in your order. Otherwise, we may not be able to achieve the specified go-live date but you must pay the full amount set out in the order irrespective of whether any delivery target for impressions have been met.
3. To cancel or alter an order for a Campaign you must inform us, by fax or email at the number or address on the order, at least two working days before 9 am on the go-live date specified in your order. Otherwise you must pay the full amount set out in the order, irrespective of whether any delivery targets for impressions have been met.
4. You are responsible for the content of material supplied by you and for ensuring that you have the right to supply it to us and that it complies with all relevant legislation and codes of practice. If we receive complaints about any material or its content we may, at our discretion, remove the material from display without reference or liability to you. You will indemnify us against any claim that the material infringes the intellectual property rights or other rights of others or is defamatory or otherwise offensive.
5. If you are an employment agency or an employment business (as defined by the Employment Agencies Act 1973) it is your responsibility to ensure the advertisements you place on this job site comply with the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
6. You are also responsible for fulfilling and dealing with any orders or enquiries relating to the goods or services to which a Campaign relates and you will indemnify and hold us harmless according
7. Your sole remedy if we, or our third party subcontractors who may host and serve Campaigns from time to time, make an error in displaying any Campaign is the cost of re-running the relevant Campaign. Neither we nor our subcontractors shall be liable in any circumstances for any loss of profit or business. We shall, additionally, have no liability for failure to display the Campaign caused by circumstances outside our control.